Male & Female Summer Adventure Day Camp Counsellors
* Provide a stimulating and fun experience for children ages 6-11.
* Supervise water-based activities.
* Maintain daily contact notes and records.
* Work within a team.
* Communicate with the Day Camp Coordinator on a regular basis.
* Provide regular feedback to the parents regarding their child’s progress and experiences.
* Collaborate providing programming in the following areas:
Organize games that develop athletic and sport skills.
Games and exercises that develop social and communication skills.
Exploration of science in the everyday world.
Language based activities such as drama and story-telling.
Movement designed to develop creativity.
Arts & Craft activities
Employment Period: June 29,2018 – Aug 20, 2018
Hours/Week: 35 hours
Rate of Pay: $14.50
Responsible to get to and from camp locations (Car an Asset)
Valid First Aid & CPR certificate required
Bronze Cross swimming certificates an asset
BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPPORTUNITY
Join us in strengthening services
for children, youth and parents
in Haliburton County!
Point in Time is looking for talented
and conscientious volunteer board
members to work with the board to
provide leadership and help strengthen
our programs for children, youth and
parents with the goal of ensuring they
achieve their highest potential.
We are particularly interested in:
• People who have experience on
• People who can provide leadership
with the board
• People with financial, legal, governance
or senior executive expertise
If you can contribute your time,
thoughtfulness, and leadership one
evening a month, and are interested
in exploring this opportunity
to contribute to the community,
call 705-457-5345 ext 300
or email: email@example.com
to find out whether
this volunteer opportunity
is right for you.
Point in Time welcomes and appreciates volunteers. Many volunteer opportunities are available. All volunteers go through a rigorous screening process including an interview, reference check and criminal reference check. Our volunteer co-ordinator works within the agency volunteer framework to co-ordinate orientation of volunteers to the agency procedures and their specific position. The nature and level of training is tailored to the specific volunteer activity chosen. For example, a volunteer driver would require different training than a respite worker although there would be some commonalities.
Please call Point in Time at (705) 457-5345 if you are interested in volunteering.
Volunteer Drive Program
The Volunteer Drive Program supports families within Haliburton County where public and / or other transportation is not available or affordable. The volunteer drive program provides drives for families to and from appointments.
- must possess a valid driver’s licence
- have a high level of maturity
- are accepting of different lifestyles, values and cultures
- have effective communication skills
- are reliable, resourceful and flexible
- have a clean driving record
- provide their own vehicle
- maintain client confidentiality
- maintain their vehicles in safe working order
- are reimbursed for kilometres driven, as well as some other expenses such as parking
- must inform their car insurance company of their volunteer driver position (note: your premium should not increase)